Wednesday, January 17, 2007

World's Worst Getaway

The Hocking scenic railway train? Honestly, I'm not even sure I can think of a form of transportation more inefficient (the locomotives are from the 1950's) or more likely to result in the hijacker's apprehension.

Read about this ludicrous escape here.

Edited to add: The Athens News has a more complete story.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger paul said...

ah.. you are kidding... right?

it's not used for transportation... in the official sense...

and I'm tired... but hijakers?

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sorry, Paul. I linked to the news article through the title, but my blogger template doesn't make that clear....so I added a link at the bottom.

No, I'm not kidding.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger paul said...

LOL

Now THAT makes MUCH more sense.

Darwin award nominee?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Apparently, they came quite close to winning a Darwin....I heard on the radio that at one point, they had the train on tracks that are used by "real" trains--so they could have potentially encountered a train coming the other way....

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They only get a Darwin award for removing themselves from the gene pool. Still a rather humourous story, good thing no one/nothing got seriously hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home