Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Summer Vacation

Today I take to the road for another whirlwind vacation. I haven’t made up my mind whether I’m excited or apprehensive. Interspersed throughout fun activities like time with friends, Jared’s family, and kayaking, are numerous tedious errands (many related to wedding planning), and LOTS of driving. We are going from Athens, to Columbus, to Cleveland, to Toledo, then south towards Dayton and ultimately back home. We will do all of this in four or five days.

I think we are singlehandedly trying to keep OPEC prospering.

I remember when I was a kid I always longed for the sort of vacations other people took: driving somewhere (like the beach) and staying there for a week. Instead, my family drove for DAYS to see AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I never would have guessed I might someday voluntarily do the same. Go figure.

I do plan to take lots of pictures and tell you all about mine and Jared’s adventures on our Ohio odyssey. (yeah, I know, I said the same thing about our March trip and I only told you about a third of that. What can I say? It’s my blog!).

Until then, have a fabulous Fourth of July.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home