Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ode to a Dear Friend

Stayed up until 2:30am talking with a very dear friend of mine. Since I probably don't tell her as often as I should how much she means to me, I decided to tell not just her, but everyone. :-) This is from an email I sent this morning, reflecting on my time with her last night:

I think I also was reminded of just how wonderful of a friend Katie has been to me. I honestly doubt I'd be anywhere near as whole a person as I am now if it weren't for her friendship. She hasn't been the only thing in my life that has helped me towards wholeness, but she's definitely been a significant part of that.


Thank-you, Katie. You’ve been an awesome friend and role model towards me over the past couple of years. I feel especially grateful this morning that God brought you into my life.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Craig R said...

Dearest Jennifer,
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your tribute to this "wonderful lady...Miss Kay-Dee" Hmmm she seems to have that influence over lots of people in this world...old,young,foreign,poor...heard she even did a photo story on a lobster in Africa??? Anyway, I also heard she shed a tear or twelve reading your note, and that she compliments your friendship all the time. Always opening a door with smile...somebody who genuinely cares, in fact one of the few people she can have NPR conversations over...(bit over my head on that last one)

Take care, keep blogging & baking lots of love

Craig(pronounced like its spelt...ask DGs computer if you unsure)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Craig: welcome to my blog! I thoroughly enjoyed writing my tribute to Miss Katie (Kay-Tee to you), and I’m glad to know she really liked it. She has been an amazing friend to me, even when I haven’t always been an amazing friend back. She’s helped me through hard times and been very happy for me in good times. She is generous with her time and her self. Also, she makes the most wonderful food for her friends (including the world’s most delicious zoms).

I enjoy having NPR conversations with her too :-)

I did hear a rumor about a famous lobster visiting S. Africa, but I haven’t seen any proof of that yet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home